Los Angeles Customs Offenses Lawyer
Customs Offenses Legal Defense in California
The United States Customs & Border Protection secures the homeland by preventing the illegal entry of people and goods into the country while facilitating legitimate travel and trade. If you are involved in a legal matter relating to U.S. customs, an attorney from our firm can help you. There are strict rules and regulations governing entry into the United States, and when a person fails to take the proper actions in this setting or is thought to have participated in activity that is deemed unlawful it may be considered a customs violation. As federal criminal defense attorneys, we understand that sometimes individuals can make honest mistakes on things like declaration forms, and we will fight to make sure you are not penalized for a misunderstanding.
A federal criminal attorney from our firm can help you if you are involved in any of the following types of customs offenses:
- Failure to declare money upon leaving or entering the country.
- Attempting to bring plants, foodstuffs or exotic species, or endangered fish, birds, or other wildlife into the United States.
- Attempting to import contraband items such as illegal drugs into the United States.
- Attempting to bring pharmaceuticals into or out of the country without declaring them or without having a valid prescription.
- Importing goods into the country without the proper quota or visa.
- Exporting/importing stolen vehicles or airplanes.
- Filing false claims for the payment of exported goods.
- Covering up or destroying evidence of goods that have been imported into the U.S.
Customs Violations Attorneys serving Los Angeles, California
If you have been arrested for a customs related crime, such as importing illegal drugs or filing fraudulent customs forms, a lawyer from our firm can help you. Your case will be professionally handled from start to finish in a way that will facilitate success. Having your federal charges reduced or dismissed is the ultimate goal of your attorney and they will fight aggressively to try to make this happen.
Were you arrested and charged with customs offense? Contact us now!
Eisner Gorin LLP, Los Angeles Federal Criminal Lawyer