If I am charged with or under investigation for a federal offense do I need a “federal” criminal defense lawyer?

January 5, 2017 1:30 pm Published by

In order for a lawyer to represent you in a federal criminal matter he or she must be licensed to practice in the federal court where the case is pending or must receive permission from the court to practice there on a one time basis.  Additionally, the federal criminal justice system is drastically different than the state system.  It is important that your lawyer have experience in federal court so that he or she can effectively represent you.

Categorised in:

This post was written by admin