Los Angeles Federal Sex Crime Attorneys
Federal sex crime charges are typically only filed if one of two circumstances is met: (1) the activities in question took place on federal property – i.e. military bases, government buildings and federal facilities; and/or (2) the acts in question involved the communication or transportation of one or both parties across state lines. With the rise of the internet and the ease of online communication the initiation of many sex crimes begin online. Some of the federal sex crimes include:
Child Pornography (Section 2252A)
- Production of sexually explicit depictions of a minor for importation into the United States (Section 2260).
- Transporting an individual in interstate or foreign commerce with the intent that the individual engage in prostitution or other illegal sexual activity (Section 2421).
- Transportation of minors in interstate or foreign commerce, with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity (Section 2423(a)).
- Interstate or foreign travel with intent to engage in a sexual act with a juvenile (Section 2423(b)).
- Use of interstate facilities to transmit information about an individual under the age of 16, with “the intent to entice, encourage, offer, or solicit that minor to engage in any sexual activity that can be charged as a criminal offense.” (Section 2425).
At Eisner Gorin LLP, we understand, based on our five decades of federal criminal defense experience, the very serious nature of internet sex crimes and the consequences for not consulting with a lawyer from the beginning of your case. In addition to protecting your rights and advising you of your legal options, a federal sex crime attorney could also take steps that will result in a lesser charge or a dismissal of a case altogether.
If you have been arrested or currently under federal investigation for a sex-related internet crime, contact our law firm immediately. We handle all types of federal sex crime criminal cases, including online solicitation of a minor, online sex sting cases, downloading child pornography, and other online predatory cases.
Early legal intervention in your case can be critical to the outcome. We have helped our clients work through legal problems that have prevented charges from ever being filed. Do not incriminate yourself under questioning by police or federal agents. You have a legal right to remain silent.
The best way to protect your future is to call our law firm immediately. We serve clients in Los Angeles and throughout the state of California.
Contact a federal internet sex crime lawyer at our law firm if you are seeking an aggressive attorney to fight your criminal charges.