Los Angeles Drug Trafficking Defense Lawyers
A conviction in federal court for drug trafficking can result in a sentence of up to 40 years in a federal prison. Federal drug trafficking crimes are covered in Title 21 of the United States Code. The severity of the penalties depend on several factors that include:
- The type and amount of the drug involved.
- Evidence of drug trafficking such as large amount of cash, weapons, numerous cell phones, scales.
- Whether it is your first drug offense.
- Whether a minor was involved in the drug trafficking.
- A defendant’s criminal history.
- Whether state or international borders were crossed in the offense.
- Whether the drugs were distributed to minors or near a school.
- Whether anyone sustained injuries or killed in the drug offense.
Even if you are a first-time offender, your sentence could include prison time if you are convicted. It can also include property forfeiture, large fines and deportation if you are not a United States citizen.
The most common type of drugs that are prosecuted in federal court include methamphetamine, cocaine, marijuana, heroin, LSD, PCP and human growth hormone.
If you are under investigation, or have already been arrested for drug trafficking, you will need to speak with a criminal attorney immediately.
Contact Eisner Gorin LLP Now
At Eisner Gorin LLP, we have defended hundreds of clients facing serious drug crime charges throughout the state of California. We know how to investigate whether federal authorities violated your Fourth Amendment rights during a stop or search. If a confidential informant was used to collect evidence against you, we know to attack their credibility. Over our many years of criminal defense law practice, we have achieved successful results for our clients.
Contact our Los Angeles federal drug trafficking attorney at (877) 781-1570 to begin preparing your legal defense.
Related Information: Drug Importation | Drug Smuggling